The original silkscreen, lithograph, and woodcut posters were produced between 1936 and 1943 as part of one of the first U.S. Government programs to support the arts. The posters, typically 22 x 14 inches in size, promoted exhibits, community activities, and health, safety, and educational programs.
The Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division preserves the original posters and offers the digital copies to ensure their wide availability. For more information and to see the rest of the collection, visit here
(WPA meaning first Works Progress Administration, then Work Projects Administration.)